Nature & Scope of Position
We are looking for a motivated professional looking to develop his or her marketing skills and experience in a dynamic, collaborative, multi-office work environment. The winning candidate will gain exposure to a broad range of domestic and international spirits and wine brands, winegrowing regions, as well as marketing tactics. The ideal candidate is insatiably curious about marketing – as well as wine and spirits – and wants to combine the two into a marketing career. (In other words, this is not a sales, wine education or DTC position.)
More specifically, responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
Assist with community management for multiple clients across platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. This includes daily posting of new content, responding to mentions and questions, and proactively monitoring key people and keywords for engagement opportunities.
Maintain and assist in development of editorial calendars for both social media and blog content.
Develop written content for use with consumers and media contacts such as press releases, story pitch ideas, email campaigns, blog posts, presentations, etc.
Execute social media advertising campaigns including copywriting, creative and targeting.
Research PR opportunities, maintain and add to agency press lists.
Create and assist with agency’s client reports.
Candidates should not send a resume if they do not meet these criteria:
• Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts or Marketing/Communications, or equivalent work experience
• Passionate about wine & spirits; desire to develop and broaden marketing and communication skills
• Strong interest and active participation in a range social media activities including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, blogging, etc.
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
• Ability to adapt to different client “voices” to produce unique content
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
• Experience with WordPress, basic HTML, MailChimp (or other email platforms), Facebook for Business, photo editing tools (Canva, PhotoShop), community management tools such as Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, etc. is a plus.
• Valid driver’s license; 21 years or older required (for purchasing)
• Must be able to life 40 pounds
Desired Personal Attributes
• Very high attention to detail
• Good common sense
• Professional, positive attitude, a team player
• Outgoing personality
• Resourceful, solutions-oriented, flexibility to handle shifting priorities
• Excellent time management skills
Salary based on skills and experience. Benefits include 401k program, medical insurance, generous vacation policy, and sabbatical policy.